When you filter your pool, a lot of dirt and debris is caught in the filter sand. Your filter will become clogged and will need to be backwashed and rinsed to clear it. You will need to do this every 2 weeks or when your automatic pool cleaner moves slowly around your pool.
How to Backwash and Rinse the Filter?
- Switch the pool pump off and disconnect the automatic pool cleaner
- Clear both the weir and pump baskets of any debris like leaves or grass.
- Set the multiport valve onto the "backwash" position.
- Switch the pump back on for 2 minutes or until the water in the sight glass runs clear. Then turn the pump off.
- Set the multiport valve onto the "rinse" position
- Switch the pump back on of 20 seconds to recompactthe sand in the filter.Then turn the pump off.
- Set the multiport valve onto the "filter" position.
- Reconnect the automatic pool cleaner and turn on the pump to resume normal filtration.
- Remember to “rinse the filter after backwashing to recompact the sand in the filter to ensure effective filtration.
- Consider cleaning your filter sand once a year using HTH® Color indicator Filter cleaner.